POST Research Institute (POST RI) seeks a Part-time Communications Officer for the project entitled “Education for a Culture of Peace as a Vehicle for Reconciliation in Cyprus”
The successful candidate will be responsible to coordinate the design and implementation of the communication and dissemination strategy. Other duties and responsibilities of the Communications Officer include:
• Collaborate with donors and partners on matters of communications and dissemination
• Focus on the local as well as the international communication needs of the project
• Prepare and maintain an up-to-date contact database of the projects’ stakeholders and target groups
• Work through social media and through mainstream media
• Update the project website and the social media pages of on regular basis
• Act as a focal point in organizing outreach events
• Perform other relevant duties as required
The successful candidate will be provided one year contract. The duration of the contract will be from 1st January 2015 to 1 January 2016, with possibility of renewal. The position will be part-time at 50% engagement.
• University Degree in any of the following fields: Media, Communications, Public Relations, Sociology, Political Science and the other related fields.
• At least 2 years of cumulative experience in a related field.
• Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills in English and Turkish.
• Knowledge and experience in peace journalism
• Knowledge and experience in communication campaign and advocacy campaign strategy development, design and implementation
• Knowledge and experience in use of graphic design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw and Adobe Indesign
• Knowledge and experience in digital marketing, website update, social media pages management and blogging
The following additional qualifications will be considered an advantage
• Master’s Degree in any of the aforementioned fields.
• Work experience in project management and / or the NGO sector.
• Experience with EU projects is an advantage
• Fluency in Greek.
About the Project:
Education for a Culture of Peace as a Vehicle for Reconciliation in Cyprus is a three-year project initiated on 4 July 2014. The project is being co-implemented by POST Research Institute (POST RI) and Association for Historical Dialogue and Research (AHDR) and financially supported by the European Commission through the Cypriot Civil Society in Action IV Programme under the EU Aid Programme for the Turkish Cypriot community (Ref No: Europeaid/134660/C/ACT/CY).
The overall objective of the project is to use Education for a Culture of Peace as a vehicle to bring structural changes and transformation in the Cypriot society across the divide in order for a Culture of Peace to be cultivated and sustained.
The specific objectives of the action are:
1. To engage educators from both communities in a dialogical process where the needs for implementing Culture of Peace initiatives will be identified and analyzed;
2. Provide opportunities for educators and learners to apply Education for Peace methodology in their educational settings;
3. Provide participants the opportunity to spread the message of peace to their peers, their families and the community;
4. Produce joint educational material;
5. Bring youth together through theatre and sports in order to promote reconciliation;
6. Set Cyprus as an example for future initiatives in Europe and elsewhere through the organization of an International Conference on Culture of Peace and a publication on how to integrate Education for a Culture of Peace in divided societies.
Please submit your CV together with the letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 6:00pm (Cyprus time), 22 December 2014.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
This project is funded by the European Union. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of POST Research Institute and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union.