COMMUNICATIONS AND OUTREACH OFFICER
POST Research Institute (POST RI) seeks for a part-time Communications and Outreach Officer for the project entitled “Education for a Culture of Peace as a Vehicle for Reconciliation in Cyprus”.
The start date is 2nd of November 2015.
- Develop multi-faceted methods in the promotion of the projects aims, events and activities, using social and traditional media, as well as other methodologies and targeted outreach strategies
- Being the main point of contact for questions received via email, social media an the website
- Develop and advance partnership relations appropriate to project activities and objectives, by liaising with key stakeholders, including teachers unions, educators, universities and NGOs in Cyprus and abroad
- Update and implement a communication strategy for the project to ensure maximum impact and visibility
- Manage the development and production of all printed materials related to the project, working with other service providers where necessary
- Evaluate results and impact of communications activities; report on developments, trends and attitudes regarding peace education and the culture of peace.
- Develop and implement an intentional and comprehensive advocacy plan with key stakeholders and target groups of the project
- Work in cooperation with the project team to formulate, coordinate and integrate the advocacy and communications strategies.
- Handle press and public relations (preparing press packages, press releases, dissemination and press follow up)
- Represent the project in local and international contexts
- Ensure all the printed materials are in line with the EU visibility guideline
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum academic / educational qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism social sciences/humanities (advanced studies are a plus)
- Fluency in English and Turkish (written and spoken). Knowledge of Greek would be seen as an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in use of graphic design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw and Adobe InDesign will be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in website updating, social media pages management and blogging
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, organisational and reporting skills
- Experience of working with civil society organization is highly desirable. Experience as a Communication Expert within a NGO will be considered as an added plus.
- Experience in Outreach, Communications, Public Relations will be seen as an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in the development, design and implementation of communication campaigns
- Experience of implementing advocacy strategies will be seen as an advantage
- Experience and/or understanding of multicultural and bi-communal projects, related to the Cypriot context
- Ability to develop and maintain good partnerships and ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
About the Project
Education for a Culture of Peace as a Vehicle for Reconciliation in Cyprus is a three-year project initiated on 4 July 2014. The project is being co-implemented by POST Research Institute (POST RI) and Association for Historical Dialogue and Research (AHDR) and financially supported by the European Commission through the Cypriot Civil Society in Action IV Programme under the EU Aid Programme for the Turkish Cypriot community (Ref No: Europeaid/134660/C/ACT/CY).
The overall objective of the project is to use Education for a Culture of Peace as a vehicle to bring structural changes and transformation in the Cypriot society across the divide in order for a Culture of Peace to be cultivated and sustained.
The specific objectives of the action are:
1. To engage educators from both communities in a dialogical process where the needs for implementing Culture of Peace initiatives will be identified and analyzed;
2. Provide opportunities for educators and learners to apply Education for Peace methodology in their educational settings;
3. Provide participants the opportunity to spread the message of peace to their peers, their families and the community;
4. Produce joint educational material;
5. Bring youth together through theatre and sports in order to promote reconciliation;
6. Set Cyprus as an example for future initiatives in Europe and elsewhere through the organization of an International Conference on Culture of Peace and a publication on how to integrate Education for a Culture of Peace in divided societies.
For further information about the project please visit our website bywww.e4cp.org
Please submit your CV together with the letter of interest email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by25 October 2015.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.