POST Research Institute is a non-profit, independent research institution engaged both in social and educational projects which further the reach of a critical perspective in Cyprus, as well as interdisciplinary publications in fields related to a Culture of Peace such as human rights, conflict resolution and peace-building, gender equality, ecology and animal rights.
A pioneering organization in a country facing a decades-old conflict, POST transcends the traditional activities of a research institution, determining to play an active role in the evolvement of society into a just, sustainable system where the principles of egalitarianism are cultivated and sustained.
The goal of the POST RI, which holds the status of a civil society non-governmental organization, is to enhance and strengthen endeavours for social change with academic expertise and a strong, international network. The work of POST RI seeks to promote the fundamental values that will bring about visible and lasting improvements in the egality of opportunity and welfare available to each and every citizen.
- To contribute to open dialogue on issues of peace education and reconciliation, training educators, students and other civil society members in the values of a Culture of Peace, working actively for the unification of the island
- To take action against discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression, thus achieving positive social transformation
- To advance, sensitize and advocate for a multicultural and diverse society in which all differences are recognized, understood and accepted
- To work for ecological sustainability through the prevention of environmental degradation, and the promotion of biodiversity and animal rights
- To excel as an institute in the execution of research and participatory actions in the fields of Peace Education and gender.